Happy New Year! Congratulations on surviving 2020 with enough mental fortitude to listen to a podcast about board games! To celebrate the (hopefully positive) change in the calendar, we're talking about games where the board changes as you play. You'll hear us say things like:
- "Sometimes you just wanna go punch your friends in the face."
- "In 2003, Mayfair Games produced a tiny little bundle of hate."
- "Yahtzee, with punching." (I'm sensing a theme here...)
- "Hey Culligan Man!"
Other items of interest in this episode include:
- A classic commercial for an abstract family game about murder and cannibalism.
- The board that lets the Titanic slip beneath the waves (after which the survivors, apparently, will also face murder and cannibalism).
- Whales are jerks, Exhibit A.
- Château Roquefort is much easier to show than to explain in audio format, so here's a series of four pictures on how the board is constructed (thanks to BGG user @pasquy).
- And the folding/unfolding boards of Key to the Kingdom (folded and unfolded) and The Mushroom Eaters (folded and unfolded)
As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments on any or all of these items, and especially a review on iTunes if you have the time and inclination!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And more coming soon! (Ooh, foreshadowing!)
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!