It turns out we REALLY like talking about the universes and stories that we love. So much so that this episode on book/TV/movie tie-in games has grown to expand into two episodes, mostly because we won't shut up. Hopefully this experiment doesn't drive you too crazy.
It also turns out that, while we like these things, we don't know as much about them as we should. For example:
- Jayson talks about Conan for 20 minutes, but doesn't know what is best in life.
- Brian raves about Tolkien games, but cannot distinguish between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (games).
- Frank loves Toho monster movies, but cannot identify Megalon. (He also has some math issues.)
- Joe takes a brief tangent on Jodorowsky's Dune and suddenly thinks the podcast is a TV show. Then things get weird. (I'm very sorry.)
Other items of interest in this episode include:
- This will be no surprise to our regular listeners, but Frank owns many, many board games.
- Joe began his foray into board game design at a very young age.
- Brian gets slightly maniacal at the pace of the episode.
As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments on any or all of these items, and especially a review on iTunes if you have the time and inclination!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And more coming soon! (Ooh, foreshadowing!)
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!