Hey, you know how we mostly talk about games we like on this show? Well, here's a change of pace for you! That's right, here's an entire episode on games we think you shouldn't play - either because they're unplayable as written, wracked by production errors, or just really, really bad. Don't give up hope, though - we do have recommendations for better games that we think you should play instead. Listen along as:
- None of us can remember which of Fast Food Franchise and Food Chain Magnate is which.
- Mike is very annoyed that he didn't get to play one of the games you should never play.
- The ritual of Throwing A Die, and its origin in...[checks notes]...boring goat-fondling?
- When the nicest thing you can say about a game company is, "They make really nice bags."
- Was this Kickstarter a troll, a money-laundering scheme, or just a series of really terrible ideas? The world may never know.
And, of course, we have plenty of other random links and stuff!
- A fascinating video about Tank (Turn) Tactics, a game deemed too divisive to release, as well as a longer one from the Game Developers Conference.
- Jerrycans are amazing.
- This game doesn't work at all? Dice Tower approved!
- Coma Ward's (truncated) retrospective design blog.
- The Dragon's Tomb teaches Jenga!
We'd love to have you visit our website and let us know what episodes we should record next. You're also more than welcome to comment on the episode page, or our Facebook page, or tag @ascentofgames on Twitter - however you prefer to share your opinions with us. And if you have the time to leave us a review on iTunes, we'd be very grateful indeed!
As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And, occasionally, Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ascentofboardgames
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!