For a lot of us, the past year and a half has been kind of a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey blur. To celebrate (?) that, here's an episode on some games that use time travel as a mechanic, not just a theme. Sadly, Jayson was not able to join us for recording in this particular timeline, but we talk about him anyway. Learn what game Frank thought was so bad, he destroyed it "for the good of the world." Some visuals we mention in our audio show include:
- Time Tripper, which started out with some very plain components but has gotten a lot of very nice fan-made upgrades.
- The board for Timeline, which is...let's say "rustic."
- THE CONE OF TIME.
And given that we're enormous nerds, we talk about a lot of time travel stuff other than board games, including:
- Movies (like Timecrimes, Primer, Boss Level, and the obligatory Back to the Future)
- Video games (like the Zero Escape series, 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel, and Her Story - which is not about time travel, but still relevant). Speaking of video games, have you checked out Mike's Time Travel Tuesdays series on his Twitch channel?
- And even a novel!
Whether in the past or the future - or even RIGHT NOW - we'd love to have you visit our website and let us know what episodes we should record next. You're also more than welcome to comment on the episode page, or our Facebook page, or tag @ascentofgames on Twitter - however you prefer to share your opinions with us. And if you have the time - time, get it? - to leave us a review on iTunes, we'd be very grateful indeed!
As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And, occasionally, Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ascentofboardgames
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!