Happy winter holiday(s) of your choice! If you're having trouble fitting everything you need to do this month into your calendar, listening to our discussion of spatial arrangement games...well, probably won't help, but hopefully it'll at least be entertaining, and might even provide some last-minute gift ideas.
We ask and answer many questions in this episode:
- How many times (and how many ways) can we say "tetrominos" in one episode? (With "cromulent" coming a close second.)
- What game does Joe describe as "like you're making a stained glass window of anger and rage"?
- "Mommy, where do meeples come from?"
- How do you build a city out of forced labor?
- Remember when the boxes of the Alea Big Box series of games were considered big?
- What's the board game equivalent of a Metroidvania? (Whatever it is, Frank threatened to knife us over it.)
- What does it take to get Frank to say something nice about Asmodee?
And here are some pictures that might help supplement our audio-only descriptions of these games:
- Schmidt Spiele's Acquire, which does NOT feature a corporation named "LIQUOR".
- The souped-up elevated version of Axiom, a/k/a "Escher Chess".
- Explosion! at the Chit Factory.
- The obligatory link to CollegeHumor's classic Tetris God video.
- One side of La Boca.
- Bärenpark, now with monorails!
All this, plus Mike's dog Samus crashing the ending...more or less literally. Enjoy!
As usual, we'd love to have you visit our website and let us know what kinds of games we should discuss next. You're also more than welcome to comment on the episode page, or our Facebook page, or tag @ascentofgames on Twitter - however you prefer to share your opinions with us. And if you have the time to leave us a review on iTunes, we'd be very grateful indeed!
As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And, occasionally, Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ascentofboardgames
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!