Happy New Year! We mean it this time...no, really...please?
This month we're taking a look back at the good times in 2021 - yes, there were some - as we discuss our favorite games from the past year. We also have some additional material on the games we DIDN'T discuss, as well as a look ahead to 2022, but Your Humble Editor is tired enough that that's going to be released as a special bonus episode in a week or so in order to keep THIS episode from being any later than it already is.
Included in this episode:
- "Hey, guys...that's not how frogs work." (Well, Mike, the frogs aren't the only thing that's a mile high...) Possibly the weirdest game we've discussed all year, and Frank didn't even pick it!
- Joe confuses an episode of this podcast - which he was in - with Shut Up & Sit Down. (If only their subscribers and sponsors would do the same!)
- Mike's insane Initiative journal (WARNING - spoilers, and an F-bomb, within!)
- Did you just say "Slurp Gerblers"? (Yes, and we wish they hadn't.)
- What top game is described as having "Frenchiness"? (It's totally a word, shut up.)
- We TOTALLY all remembered the excellent Dune Imperium.
Plus a few links to things that are mentioned in this episode, but exist outside it:
- A link to watch Mike play the Arkham Horror LCG every Sunday, and other games on other days.
- The iOS Aeon's End turn order app Jayson recommends
- A place where you can give us an iTunes review (hint, hint!)
As usual, we'd love to have you visit our website and let us know what kinds of games we should discuss next. You're also more than welcome to comment on the episode page, or our Facebook page, or tag @ascentofgames on Twitter - however you prefer to share your opinions with us. As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments. Happy new year, and stay safe out there!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And, occasionally, Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ascentofboardgames
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!