Welcome to February! In honor of the shortest month, we've created a "lightning round" on the topic of our favorite word games. We hope you find some new favorites, and/or tell us about some of your current ones!
Referenced in this episode:
- Vincent Price (yes, that Vincent Price) does a commercial for a boxed version of Hangman (yes, that Hangman).
- Another vintage commercial for an obscure yet cool-looking word game called RPM.
- What does Scrabble look like in Arabic? Like this.
- Several computer-based word games, including:
- The obligatory Wordle
- Its malevolent cousin, Absurdle
- The Guess Word! Forehead app
- Babble Royale (a/k/a Scrabble crossed with PUBG)
As usual, we'd love to have you visit our website and let us know what kinds of games we should discuss next, or maybe give us an iTunes review. You're also more than welcome to comment on the episode page, or our Facebook page, or tag @ascentofgames on Twitter - however you prefer to share your opinions with us. As always, we appreciate your listening and would love to hear your comments. Happy new year, and stay safe out there!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And, occasionally, Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ascentofboardgames
Intro and outro music is "Evening Melodrama" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), licensed under a Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.