Welcome back! This month's episode isn't about a game mechanic as such; it's about the weird and wonderful gadgets and one-of-a-kind crazy ideas that make some of our most memorable games...well, memorable. (We promise we'll be back to a more evolutionary topic next month.) You'll definitely want to visit our Instagram and/or Facebook pages to check out the photos and videos for this episode, since there are a number of gadgets that are really tough to explain in an audio-only medium. Listen on as we:
- ...display a truly staggering ignorance of how copyright law works!
- ...finally talk about a Catan game, after only 8 months!
- ...giggle like twelve-year-olds at the names of some problematic Keyforge decks!
- ...refer vaguely to a really cool gimmick that we can't actually talk about now because spoilers!
A few related items you might want to check out:
- An online Avalanche emulator
- A truly epic promotional photo for Nessie Hunt
- A brief time-lapse video that manages to make Tamsk look even more stressful than it is
If you would be kind enough to give us a review on iTunes, we'd really appreciate the support!
If you have an opinion you'd like to share with us - and we suspect you do - please drop us a line via any (or all!) of the following methods:
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!