50 episodes? Who'da thunk it??? Regardless, thank you for your support, whether you've been with us since the beginning or are just joining us for the first time. We wouldn't keep doing this without you!
This month, we take a look back at our favorite gaming things from 2022 - mostly, but not exclusively, board games. Among them:
- Jayson says, "I don't know anything about this game, but I'm gonna wait in this big line to get a copy!" (Turns out to have been a good decision.)
- Many of the games on our individual lists are met with, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that one." So lots of good games and poor memories.
- We admire the sheer breadth of T.C. Petty III's game design skills.
- Check those eBay listings carefully before buying, kids! (Also, don't soak your board games in ouzo.)
- Joe unwisely chooses to introduce a game designed by "a bunch of French people".
- Can a Kickstarter stretch goal be too big? Oh, yes.
- 4 out of 5 Ascenters call this the best game of 2022! (Frank is, as usual, Frank.)
Join us next month for the start of our next 50-episode run!
As always, we'd love it if you took the time to write us an iTunes review, as it really helps us find new listeners We'd also love to have you visit our website and let us know what kinds of games we should discuss next. You're also more than welcome to comment on the episode page, or our Facebook page, or tag @ascentofgames on Twitter as long as Twitter still exists. Whatever way you prefer to share your opinions with us, we'd love to hear them. As always, we appreciate your listening - stay safe out there!
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
- And, occasionally, Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ascentofboardgames
Intro and outro music is "Evening Melodrama" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), licensed under a Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
Thank you for listening!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.