Merry Christmas (or other seasonal holiday(s) as appropriate to your personal preferences and/or belief system)! Our regularly-scheduled episode will be posted as usual on January 1, but we wanted to talk about our thoughts on The Year That Was, so you get a special bonus episode. (You're welcome.) We discuss our Top 5 game-related things of the year (which may be games, game-related events, game trends, or anything else that we can somehow tangentially connect to board games), our biggest disappointments of the year, and what we're looking forward to in 2019.
For some more details about some of the stuff we discuss in this episode:
- Here are Part 1 and Part 2 of Dinesh Vatvani's interesting data analysis of BGG game ratings.
- The epic Eldritch Horror case our friend Sean got from Lyris Laser.
- You thought Jayson was kidding about his Transformers collection? Not even a little bit.
- Mike's still streaming his video game adventures. Check him out on Twitch.
It's been a great year for us - thank you for listening! (Also, if Frank has talked YOU into buying something during this podcast, please let us know so we can update his score appropriately.) If you have anything you'd like to ask, share, or tell us about, please drop us a line via any (or all!) of the following methods:
- Website: https://www.ascentofboardgames.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ascentboardgames/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ascentofgames
- Discord: http://discord.ascentofboardgames.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ascentofboardgames/
The Ascent of Board Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Some rights reserved.
We'll talk to you again next year!